Five steps to smarter media monitoring and analytics
08 Oct 2019 9:16 am by Leela Bozonelis
There has never been a more challenging time to work in marketing. We must now not only compete against our competitors but also against speed itself. We need to be more responsive than ever, tailoring our strategies based on market demands as and when they occur. This demand for fast paced content creation and need to move quickly comes with its challenges. How can we cope with the onslaught of new information constantly being created?
IMB estimates that 2.5 quintillion bytes of new data is created every day. From online news outlets to the ever-expanding tentacles of social media, there is simply more information than we need or can possibly consume.
But with this sea of information lies the potential to listen to what our customers are saying, how our competitors compete and how our markets are changing. All we need to tap into that potential is a way to filter out the noise and find the insights that matter.
Here are five tips that will help make media monitoring and analytics work for your business.
- Media monitoring for early warning signs of a company's financial difficulty
- The "Wikipedia" effect on the research industry
- The content challenge - making sense of the modern media landscape
p.s. 3 ways you can apply this information right now to better understand news monitoring and analytics
- Monitor industry conversations to keep track of what the press and internet are saying. Our innovative technology and premium content – including traditional and new media – will help you transform information into actionable intelligence. Find out more.
- Follow this blog series; subscribe to our blog to have the updates delivered to your inbox.
- Leave a comment below. Let's start a conversation!