What is corporate communication?
Corporate communication is the creation, cultivation, maintenance and distribution of your corporate identity, messaging and brand image. It involves coordinating and overseeing your organisation’s internal and external communications to establish and sustain a positive view of your business and brand – for your employees, consumers, the media, shareholders and other stakeholders. Through corporate communication, organisations can explain their values and vision, and establish and affirm their credibility.
Corporate communication encompasses a number of elements, including:
- corporate branding
- corporate responsibility
- crisis communications
- internal communications
- investor relations
- public relations and media relations.
Why is corporate communication important?
The benefits of a strong corporate communication program are many. Good corporate communication empowers you to:
- promote your organisation
- distinguish your business and brand from others in a competitive market
- make intelligent decisions concerning communications
- foster internal support for your company vision and goals
- cultivate customer loyalty and a positive association with your brand, products and services
- assure shareholders of the solidity of your leadership and profitability.
To strengthen your corporate communications efforts and your standing in the market, it’s important to closely examine what your competition and other organisations are doing. It’s also essential to proactively stay abreast of industry news and market trends.
LexisNexis Newsdesk®, can assist you in bolstering your corporate communications activities and aims. Our media-monitoring and analytics solution helps you cut through the content clutter and make sense of the industry news and trends that directly impact your business.
Newsdesk®’s, easy-to-use, all-in-one interface makes it easy for you to access our comprehensive licensed and open web content, which includes newspapers, websites and broadcast news sources, blogs and social media channels.
With it, you can:
- create customised news searches around topics of interest
- monitor what people are saying about your organisation (or other organisations) in near-real time, enabling you to respond to developments with speed and agility
- keep track of multiple topics across nearly 4 million articles daily, spanning 75 languages and more than 100 countries, for a 360-degree view of the media landscape
- keep abreast of 24/7 broadcast-news coverage with monitoring of more than 2,000 TV and radio stations across the globe and access to full-length transcripts and related videos
- track the buzz across social media, including Facebook, Twitter and other social networks, as well as thought-leader blogs, podcasts, microblogs, video/photo sharing sites, industry forums and more
- convert your data into easy-to-read charts and graphs to share news and insights across your organisation
- stay abreast of 24/7 broadcast-news coverage with monitoring of more than 2,000 TV and radio stations around the world and access to full-length transcripts and related videos
- keep track of the buzz across social media, including Facebook, Twitter and other social networks, as well as thought-leader blogs, podcasts, microblogs, video/photo sharing sites, industry forums and more
- convert your research into easy-to-digest charts and graphs to share news and insights within your organisation
- stay up to date on the latest news with customised alerts and newsletters
- share copyright-compliant news and information with colleagues and clients using customisable distribution tools, including branded newsletters and RSS feeds.
With Newsdesk® at your disposal, you can uncover valuable insights and make intelligent, informed decisions for your organisation.
LexisNexis® Social Analytics
In our digital age, social media has become vital to how you receive, follow and deliver news. Social analytics plays a key role in how corporate communications professionals can understand and use that information. LexisNexis® Social Analytics, our social data intelligence platform, can provide you with superior social analytics capabilities.
LexisNexis® Social Analytics goes a step beyond other social analytics platforms to give you an edge on the competition, with features such as:
- our unique virality map, which can help you replicate a viral campaign
- our trending score, which allows you to capitalise on trends at the right moment
- predefined use case dashboards
- smart theme detection
- social channel analytics.
These powerful real-time monitoring and social-listening tools grant you access to a never-ending stream of social media conversations, so you can make better, more informed decisions based on social insights.
LexisNexis® Media Intelligence Research and Analytics
Rapidly evolving media channels and an exponentially growing sea of content mean it’s more challenging and more important than ever for communications professionals to reach influential media, amplify messages and evaluate their corporate communications programs.
What’s more, LexisNexis® Media Intelligence Research and Analytics applies filters and gleans data that you can use to quickly pinpoint trends, assess how particular campaigns are performing, see where you stand with your competitors and identify new opportunities. With access to content that includes articles, videos, photos and more – and in more than 90 languages across the globe – you can monitor your brand on an international scale.
Our innovative combination of media metrics and human expertise deliver the content that’s most important to your brand and your business. Uncovering this content is key to understanding how consumers and other stakeholders perceive your brand and how you’re performing in the market.
With these insights up your sleeve, you can make intelligent, more impactful decisions for your organisation.