What is a company search?
In a nutshell, company searches tell you all that you need to know about a particular company or business entity. Ideally, company searches allow you to access all types of data on a company—from general information to precise, in-depth details. Comprehensive company searches like Nexis® provide more thorough information than what you could uncover doing a routine free online search—and are updated much more consistently, to include emerging content that is relevant to your company search.
With Nexis® company search, you can:
- Move mountains with a click and reduce data overload, with LexisNexis SmartIndexing Technology.
- This allows you to refine your company search quickly and easily, navigating competitive intelligence sources curated by research experts.
- Translate global news sources for greater insight, with the ability to translate your results list into 57 supported languages.
- Get mobile with a news search solution agile enough for your busy schedule. With easy to schedule alerts, Nexis® News App is available on iOS or Android devices.
Why dig deeper?
Having complete background information and timely business intelligence is critical to your company. Company searches can provide you with invaluable research and information that can help you make more strategic and informed decisions to positively impact your business. For instance, a company search can:
- Uncover hidden connections between people, companies, and assets that could influence how you conduct business
- Allow you to gain powerful insights into the fundamental details of the competitors in your industry
- Keep you informed so you can stay ahead of the curve – giving your company a potential competitive advantage
- Help you pinpoint competitors, new markets, potential partners, vendors, and other business opportunities
Get the full story
With Nexis®, you can get beyond paywalls and reach sources selected by our editors for relevancy and authority. Access full-text documents rather than just links, summaries and contracts. Nexis® has the benefit of offering digital content no longer available to the public—helping you uncover history and context in your company search.
Finding reliable archives
You should be able to count on the information you receive – and trust that it comes from reputable sources, so you can base your decisions on legitimate research with confidence. Robust company searches can accurately research people, companies, and industries to provide you with all you need to know. Nexis® delivers critical insights based on search results, strategically standardising, filtering and indexing for easy perusal.
To effectively deliver a breadth of information, a company search facility needs the following, at the minimum:
- Up-to-date global news and sources, including premium integrated web reports
- Company reports and profiles, including: company names, parent company name and information, subsidiary data and partners
- Industry reports, research and information
- Biographical reports about company directors, executives and employees
- Accounts, financial information and detailed analysis
- Legal documents
- Regulatory data
- Market research
- Public records and documents
- Social media, including videos and photographs
Finding the right company search
What’s more, you want the right company search. In other words, you want a search facility that can deliver the breadth and depth of information you need. Finding the relevant information that matters most in a timely manner means better insights and faster incorporation for you and your company.
Plus, given the vast abundance of information that’s available in the digital age, you want your company search results to cut through the ‘noise’. The information you receive should be compiled and presented in a way that’s not only easy to interpret, but also meaningful – and useful – to you. Getting all the facts is one thing. But seeing how they all fit together for the benefit of your business is quite another.
Again, you don’t want to depend on a cursory online search for this company-critical information and insight. And certain paid search services can take you only so far – they just don’t have the range of access or data to make it worth your while.
Fortunately, there are professional research tools, processes and services available for conducting high-quality, expertly curated company searches. Enter Nexis® from LexisNexis. For company search, Nexis combines comprehensive information collection with advanced search tools to help you make better decisions for your company. Key features include a customisable search form, and shareable analysis and visualisation tools such as charts and graphs, for pinpointing trends.
With Nexis®, you have access at your fingertips to:
More than 36,000 international news and business outlets, websites, blogs and forums
80 million companies, over 1,000 industry sources, and 75 million executive and biographical sources
Archives dating back over 40 years, so you can see the whole picture rather than just the most recent headlines
Constantly growing archives – Nexis adds to its portfolio every minute, every hour, every day
A comprehensive collection of reliable information that’s unavailable anywhere else
Unparalleled public records (more than 37 billion!)
Ultimately, Nexis helps businesses collect, manage, and use information more productively. With the unique knowledge and insights you glean with Nexis, you’ll be able to make educated business decisions from a position of strength.
The Nexis suite of company search tools can help you:
- Control costs – save money by consolidating multiple subscriptions to outside publications
- Increase efficiencies in information collection
- Improve confidence in your business decisions, thanks to trusted information
- Enrich business development
- Identify and acquire new customers and business opportunities
- Understand and gain valuable insight into your market and your competitors
What our clients say about Nexis Diligence™
Nexis Alerts allow me to ensure all of our key departments are staying on top of relevant news that could affect our business.
I have been a Nexis subscriber for years and find it to be an outstanding, customisable, and reliable source of informational insights I use regularly in keeping abreast of key power industry issues.
Nexis provides accurate, useful, thorough information we can't research without.